PK2 Para-Aramid Fiber Honeycomb
|PK2 para-aramid fiber honeycomb is an extremely lightweight, high strength, non-metallic honeycomb manufactured with para-aramid fiber paper impregnated with a heat resistant phenolic resin. This core material exhibits improved performance characteristics over Meta-Aramid in the areas of weight, strength, stiffness and fatigue.
|• Up to 40% higher properties than comparable density meta-aramid honeycomb
• Extremely high strength-to-weight ratio
• Excellent thermal and moisture stability
• Improved shear strength and modulus
• Conforms to stringent smoke, toxicity and flammability standards
• High toughness
• Compatible with most adhesives used in sandwich composites
• Long shelf life. The mechanical properties referenced are maintained for 10 years minimum if not exposed to moisture, weather or any normal hazard.
|PK2 honeycomb is a high performance non-metallic core which can replace fiberglass and Nomex® honeycomb core materials to achieve significant weight reductions without sacrificing performance in most applications. PK2 para-aramid fiber honeycomb uses include boat decks, aircraft galleys, flooring, partitions, aircraft leading and trailing edges, radomes, flaps, access panels and doors.
|PK2 honeycomb is available in sheets, blocks or cut to size pieces in regular hexagonal configurations. Selected densities available in high shear (HS) configuration for higher stiffness.
NOTE: Special dimensions, sizes and tolerances can be provided upon request.
(includes mechanical properties)
PLA PK2 10-10-2023 (335.9 KiB)