PK2 Para-Aramid Fiber Honeycomb
|Description:||PK2 para-aramid fiber honeycomb is an extremely lightweight, high strength, non-metallic honeycomb manufactured with para-aramid fiber paper impregnated with a heat resistant phenolic resin. This core material exhibits improved performance characteristics over Nomex® and Korex® in the areas of weight, strength, stiffness and fatigue.|
|Features:||• Up to 40% higher properties than comparable density Nomex® honeycomb
• Extremely high strength-to-weight ratio
• Excellent thermal and moisture stability
• Improved shear strength and modulus
• Conforms to stringent smoke, toxicity and flammability standards
• High toughness
• Long shelf life. The mechanical properties referenced are maintained for 10 years minimum if not exposed to moisture, weather or any normal hazard.
|Applications:||PK2 honeycomb is a high performance non-metallic core which can replace fiberglass and Nomex® honeycomb core materials to achieve significant weight reductions without sacrificing performance in most applications. PK2 para-aramid fiber honeycomb uses include boat decks, aircraft galleys, flooring, partitions, aircraft leading and trailing edges, radomes, flaps, access panels and doors.|
|PK2 honeycomb is available in sheets, blocks or cut to size pieces in regular hexagonal cell con gurations. Selected densities available in high shear (HS) con guration for higher stiffness.
NOTE: Special dimensions, sizes and tolerances can be provided upon request.
(includes mechanical properties)
PK2 Para-Aramid (66.0 KiB)