PN1 Commercial Grade Aramid Fiber Honeycomb
|Description:||PN1 commercial grade aramid fiber honeycomb is manufactured from DuPont Nomex® paper (or equivalent) and coated with a heat resistant phenolic resin.|
|Features:||• High strength-to-weight ratio
• Corrosion resistant
• Excellent dielectric properties
• Thermally insulating
• High toughness
• Excellent creep and fatigue performance
• Good thermal stability
• Densities as low as 2.0 lb/ft3 (32 kg/m3)
• Over-expanded cell configuration suitable for forming simple curves
• Compatible with most adhesives used in sandwich composites
• Long shelf life. The mechanical properties referenced are maintained for 10 years minimum if not exposed to moisture, weather or any normal hazard.
|Applications:||PN1 aramid fiber honeycomb uses include boat hulls, auto racing bodies, train car panels, ship panels, ground transportation structures, military shelters, ground antennas and special purpose panels.|
|PN1 aramid fiber honeycomb is available in sheets, blocks or cut to size pieces in both regular hexagonal and over expanded (OV) cell configurations.
NOTE: Special dimensions, sizes and tolerances can be provided upon request.
(includes mechanical properties)
PN1 Commercial Grade Aramid Fiber Honeycomb (59.2 KiB)