PN2 Aerospace Grade Aramid Fiber Honeycomb
|Description:||PN2 aerospace grade aramid fiber honeycomb exhibits outstanding flammability properties. It is manufactured from Meta-Aramid paper and coated with a heat resistant phenolic resin.|
|Features:||• Fire resistant (self extinguishing)
• High strength-to-weight ratio
• Corrosion resistant
• Excellent dielectric properties
• Thermally insulating
• High toughness
• Excellent creep and fatigue performance
• Good thermal stability
• Densities as low as 1.5 lb/ft3
• Over-expanded cell configuration suitable for forming simple curves
• Compatible with most adhesives used in sandwich composites
• Long shelf life. The mechanical properties referenced are maintained for 10 years minimum if not exposed to moisture, weather or any normal hazard.
|Applications:||PN2 aerospace honeycomb uses include aircraft galleys, flooring, partitions, aircraft leading and trailing edges, missile wings, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades and navy bulkhead joiner panels.|
|PN2 honeycomb is available in sheets, blocks or cut to size pieces in both regular hexagonal and over expanded (OV) cell configurations.
NOTE: Special dimensions, sizes and tolerances can be provided upon request.
(includes mechanical properties)
PLA PN2 10-10-2023 (627.0 KiB)